Thursday 20 April 2006

Change of Gender

No, I am not having a sex change if that's what you guys are thinking. I just had a somewhat life-changing information given to me. You know how some fishes have no gender and some fishes can change genders? Well, apparently, cats can change gender too. I'm serious.


I went to Australia for a holiday and left my cats in the care of my vet. When I came back, my vet handed me Pablo, the adult cat, and then said, 'Oh, yeah, your other cat, Ayu, is a male.'


I just went like, 'Huh?! Really??!!' What is it with me and male cats? I was sooooo happy when I first got Ayu from my cousins, coz she's really pretty and I was so happy to finally get a female cat. And she turns out to be a 'he'. Sigh, I wonder, if I didn't send Ayu to be castrated, how long would it have taken me to find out his actual gender?


So now Ayu is called Ayun. Yeah, yeah, weird name. My mom was the one who renamed him. Sigh, sometimes when I look at Ayun, I just feel so frustrated. I mean, he acts like a girl, he sounds like a girl, he even looks like a girl. Now I got 2 male cats. No wonder Pablo hated him so much when Ayun first came into the house. He must have known that Ayun was male, and was probably thinking, 'Why the heck is my owner bringing another male into the house?'


I want a female cat. Wahhh!!!!!



The brown tabby is Pablo, my first cat, and the white one is the gender-changing Ayun.

No comments:

Post a Comment