Monday 14 December 2009

The Ugly Girl-ling

It's hard not to feel like the ugly duckling of the bunch when you're constantly surrounded by smoking hot chicas all the time. I mean, yeah, people might tell you that "Oh, you're pretty" or "Don't be silly, you're attractive too" but these are what people say to you, who, let's face facts, are usually your friends and family. But how about what you yourself see when you go out?


Case in point. The girls that I usually hang out with are all lovely (let's focus on physical beauty for the meantime, alrite, but that's not to say they're not lovely inside too. Don't put words in my mouth :X-P: ). Anyway, whenever I'm out with them, it's hard not to notice the stares and looks they get from the opposite sex. And it's not those leery 'I-wanna-get-in-your-pants' stares, it's those 'Wow, what an attractive woman. I would like to get to know her' looks :inlove:.


And sometimes it doesn't stop at the stares, they even get guys coming up to talk to them :hypnotized:. A foreigner actually went up to one of my girl friends right on the streets and said, "You're beautiful." Yeah, yeah, you might be thinking the guy just wants to test his luck but the point is, that totally random comment from a random guy made her feel so much more beautiful and appreciated as a woman. If I actually take the time to relate every single approach my girl friends and cousins have had from guys, I would have to make an entirely new blog.:eek:


When I look at each and every one of the girls I usually go out with, I kind of understand why guys are so attracted to them. Like with my friends L and M, L is the Chinese beauty with a beautiful singing voice and a really addictive laughter while M is this tall and thin dark beauty who looks really good in skirts and has beautiful eyes. My best friend E has this cute round face which lights up whenever she smiles or laughs and has really long silky hair (she managed to turn the heads of the male employees at One Utama's Live It Up! recently).


As for my cousins, we have A who has this captivating wavy hair, lovely body figure and a face that simply attracts attention and wolf-whistles. Then there's S, the diva of the group, who is always immaculate in her dressing and her make-up, looking all hot and sizzling no matter where she goes. Let's not forget I, whom I am always thankful she's wearing a tudung (head scarf) for she'll just knock out every man in her sight with her no-mercy combo of long fairytale wavy brown hair, fair skin, petite body and very expressive face. And last but not least is Z, who is the quiet one of the bunch, but it is that quiet wisdom and silent sense of humour that emits from her adorable face that is so attractive (she has a very cute laugh too).


Okie, for the sake of argument (because I know I'll have some family members protesting), here's how I am; I am one of two types, depending on my mood, which are either the gangster jeans-and-jacket girl or the gothic nothing-but-black girl, which apparently some guys find totally scary and unapproachable. :-?


I'm not saying I'm jealous or envious of them (truthfully I'm not, my family and God knows that very well) O:-). I'm actually really proud of them, even more so with their individual attitudes and personalities. But sometimes no matter how hard your family (or you yourself) tries to make you see that you're beautiful in your own way, it's just hard to feel good about yourself when time after time, the attention is on them and hardly ever on you :wilt:, not that I'm the attention-seeker type, mind you. Just feeling kind of down after recent events.


So, to the family who tries so hard to make me believe in myself, I do once in a while but this post is written so that you can actually see why I think the way I think. And yeah, this is how I think most of the time. :-D And please don't go into the whole 'Girl, you know you are each special in your own way' lecture because I've heard it so many times, I know it by heart. :laugh: This is just my way of letting loose of some emotional stress, that's all, nothing more. :victory:

No comments:

Post a Comment