Tuesday 9 January 2007

The Starting of a Dream

Well, anyone who knows me in-depth knows that one of my dreams has always been to open my own bookstore, and guess what? The dream came true!!!

While it's exciting and exhilirating to see everything coming alive, it's very, very, VERY scary. Very. I'm telling you, the days leading up to the soft opening were nerve-wrecking, filled with tears. Hahaha, when I think back to those days, I can't help but laugh at myself.

However, I will never forget the feeling, the fear. Even now the fear is flowing in my veins, running me cold all over. The negative thoughts, the potential setbacks, the possibility of failure. Though there were many times I broke down, I have to thank my friends and family for encouraging me on, especially my brother. Without them, most likely Thousand Tales will never even see the light of day, just nestled in my imagination.

We are in Day Three and as expected, business is slow. It has been estimated that business will boom in maybe 6 months due to people moving into the apartments and the business centre opposite us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful news - the opening of your very own bookstore! Congratulations and all the best to you and Thousand Tales. Brilliant name, by the way :) We'll keep our fingers crossed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thats awsome! congrats! yr very own bookshop! love the name too! where is it? can i come and visit?

    ReplyDelete