Friday 17 April 2009

Food Review: Pannaz

This week's food review is one of my favourite haunts, partly because of its food choices and service, and partly because it's the restaurant I feel most comfortable in that is near my boyfriend's office. Let's get hot with Pannaz!!





[caption id="attachment_1406" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Pannaz Restaurant"]Pannaz[/caption]

Still less than a year old at the time of this post, I have watched as Pannaz improved itself constantly as it attempts to survive longer than the predecessors that were located at the same corner of G-8, Ground Floor, Jln PJU 8/3A, D19 Damansara Perdana, Bandar Damansara Perdana. One thing is for sure, they're doing a good job.


While the prices may be higher than its surrounding eatery-neighbours, the quality of the food is well worth the price tag. Serving mostly Western food with some choices of local dishes, Pannaz never fails to add its own unique flavours and special presentation to its cuisine. Every menu item I have ever sampled was always nicely presented and made with fresh ingredients.


I usually take my own pictures of the food I eat but since I eat here all the time, it never occurred to me to photograph their dishes, and I do not wish to encrouch on any copyrights Pannaz might have on their food images. So kindly check out Pannaz's menu at their website, http://www.pannaz.com.my. You can even download their menu for your perusal and for catering purposes.


My favourites at Pannaz are the Sauteed Button Mushroom in Garlic Butter Sauce served with soft bread (Tapas, RM11.00) and the Grilled Pitta Mayo accompanied by french fries (Deli, RM11.00). Another recent favourite of mine is a new menu item they introduced just a short time ago, the Pannaz Lamb Burger (Deli, RM13.00). Their mint relish sauce transformed the taste of what would be a normal burger into something exquisite. However, some might find the sauce too thick for their taste so I advise a light spreading of it before eating.





[caption id="attachment_1411" align="alignright" width="210" caption="Braised Lamb Shank with Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus"]Braised Lamb Shank with Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus[/caption]

Another menu item that you might want to try is my companion's favourite, the Nyonya Fried Rice served with grilled chicken, egg & fish crackers (Main Course, RM12.90). My companion also tried their Braised Lamb Shank (Main Course, RM36.00), however, his comment was that it was only satisfactory.

Here's a warning to busy people, some of the dishes might take some time to prepare, up to 20 minutes. So if you're in a hurry for lunch, you might want to try their RM9.90 Set Lunch of one main course (pick one out of four pre-chosen dishes) and one drink (pick one out of two pre-chosen beverages).

We love :inlove:  Pannaz's Iced Cappucino. When it's a hot day and you need something that will put some light in your tired eyes, this drink is the way to go. If you're not a coffee drinker, you can always try their Frizzy Ribena Longan or their new selection of mixed flavoured drinks.


I'm not much of a dessert person (I'm trying to watch my weight) but if you love sweets, you'll surely love the Warm Chocolate Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and strawberry compote. It is truly delicious!!


As usual, I always comment on the quality of service for every eatery I've been to because to me, the service from the employees reflects the image of the restaurant, and for once, I have nothing to complain.


The Pannaz staff never fails to greet their customers. Whether we are stepping inside or just passing by, they are always ready with a cheery 'Hi'. The moment you step in, they will be ready to hand you their menu and wait patiently a few feet away for your order. Usually, they will serve you a free glass of water but there are times when they forget. One of the waiters often checks with me on the food I order and is open to any suggestions and comments I might have.


For those who are always on the go, never fear. Pannaz offers free Wi-Fi so you can eat your breakfast, lunch or dinner from Monday to Saturday, 10am to 10pm, and still do your work or surf the Net. You can also just chill out and watch TV there. Though they are located opposite the ongoing noisy renovation of the second phase of Metropolitan Square, their ambiance is still cozy with their red comfy couches and dark wood furniture.


There is only one con I have found with Pannaz so far. For non-smokers, like me, there is no partition to cover yourself from cigarette and cigar smoke. You can only pick a spot far away from the crowd and hope that the people sitting next to you won't start puffing like chimneys. The only saviours for non-smokers are Pannaz's wide open doors and many high-speed ceiling fans.


Pannaz is a place where you can experience quality food and service for a fraction of the price you might pay to experience the same things in a 5-star restaurant. I love eateries that serve great food with excellent service but most importantly, I love eateries that make me feel comfortable, and I am happy to find one that have all my requirements just a short drive away. Enjoy!! :beauty:

No comments:

Post a Comment