Tuesday 5 May 2009

As I Sit Here...

As I sit here, in Starbucks of One Utama, I can't help but notice that there's a woman and man discussing some sort of design business a few tables away from me. It's hard not to hear what they're saying because the woman is actually speaking in quite a loud voice, and it makes me wonder.....why?


Is it because she's excited? Is it because she's trying to call attention to herself? They have been here way before I came by to waste some time as I wait for my nephew, and I did notice that the volume of conversation was considerably lower earlier than it is now.


I tend to note that certain people have a tendency to talk in loud voices. My mom is one of them. There were times when she literally yelled into her handphone while having a conversation with me and I often have to tell her to lower her voice. But she's a special case because her hearing is actually troubled so to her, it sounds like she's speaking softly. But what about those younger women?


Having to sit at Starbucks (no, I don't support Starbucks, I actually HATE it, but it's the only cafe where I can sit and use a stable Internet connection for hours without being disturbed) for a few days each week, I have also seen and heard groups of women chatting away in loud voices, which are not neccessary because they are only a few inches away from each other. I never did understand that.


There are also those youngsters that we encounter everywhere who always seem to talk in this hyperactive, super-volume tones (I am one of them :-D ). I came across many of them as I went about my days around the city. A few of them are just plain normal teenagers pumped with hormones but some are the ones we saw, and despise, back in school; those I'm-too-cool-for-you girls who MUST speak in a higher tone to seek the attention they so truly deserve. :silly:


Funny how few men have this habit. ?:-)


Well, about this woman currently? She's talking loudly because apparently she's excited.....because she's about to get a design job.  :-)  I'm such a busybody. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment