Wednesday 18 February 2009

Help!! My CD is stuck in my Mac!!

If you're like me who have had a CD stuck in your Mac, the very first thing you must do is.....do not PANIC!! Yes, there is a way to get the CD out of your Mac, and no, it does not involve jiggling around in your disk drive with a ruler in hopes of pushing it out. Like many others, I have resorted to the Internet for ways in forcibly ejecting the CD but all have failed me. The only, and much, MUCH easier, way to get the CD out is one that I learnt from this guy from Mac Studio.


Ok, first things first. I'm using an iMac so I'm unsure if the same will apply for, say, the MacBook or the MacBook Pro, but it's the same concept so you can have a go at it if all others, such as pressing the eject button, fail.


Firstly, switch off your computer by pressing the power button. For the iMac, the button is located at the back of the screen, as shown in image below. Keep pressing the button until your computer shuts down.





[caption id="attachment_558" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Press down the iMac Power Button until it shuts down"]iMac Power Button[/caption]

Next, hold down the left side of your mouse, as shown below, and press the power button again to switch on the computer. Keep pressing the left mouse button down until the CD pops out. It should pop out by the time the Apple logo shows itself.





[caption id="attachment_560" align="aligncenter" width="214" caption="Hold down the left side of the mouse until the CD pops out"]Hold down the left side of the mouse until the CD pops out[/caption]

I've tried this many times and it has always worked. There are other ways you can try but do not, I repeat, do not attempt to pry the CD out with a ruler or a credit card like what I've seen online. It can damage both your disk drive and your CD. Good luck!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment