Wednesday 11 February 2009

iPod Nano (3rd Gen)

I have finally, FINALLY, bought myself an iPod Nano after months of consideration and endless wandering into every Apple and iPod store in town. The final push came when I discovered that my old MP4 player would not and could not sync itself with my new MacBook Pro, and by chance, or fate, I found what could possibly be the _last_ blue iPod Nano (3rd Gen) in Sunway Pyramid today.


Ok, some of the Apple users out there may be calling me outdated and obsolete, screaming sentences like, "He-llo, do you, like, know that the 3rd Gen iPod Nano is, like, totally old?" and "Why on earth did you get the iPod Nano 3rd Gen when you can get the 4th Gen with new added features for around the same price?" Yes, I do know that the 4th Gen Nano is out, and yes, I do know that you can get the 4GB 4th Gen for the same price but with improved image and sound qualities. The reason why I am so insistent on the 3rd Gen is the size and shape of it.


Have you tried holding the 4th Gen sideways? It's able to rotate the screen size whenever you move it horizontally or vertically, but watching a movie by holding it sideways just doesn't make sense. The 4th Gen is not designed to comfortably fit into your palm that way, and for someone like me who likes to watch music videos and movies, I dunno, it looks kinda silly to be holding something long and thin horizontally instead of the right way up.





[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="370" caption="This is how you're suppose to hold it, vertically."]This is how youre suppose to hold it, vertically.[/caption]




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="370" caption="But imagine holding it like this for the length of a movie. Tiring, isn't it?"]But imagine holding it like this for the length of a movie. Tiring, isnt it?[/caption]

The 3rd Gen, though, fits comfortably in my hand, and it's just so cuteeee!! Yeah, I know the 4th Gen can switch song just by shaking the iPod sideways slightly but I'm not that lazy. ;-) Oh, I can't wait to start playing with it. Now I have something to keep me company when I go to the gym and the mall, wheeeeeeee!!! :mrgreen:


Update: Great, the bloody thing wouldn't start up. I charged it for 3 hours but every time I disconnect it from its charger, the screen just goes black and stays black. No matter what I did, followed all the help on the forums of toggling the hold button and pressing the menu and center/play button to reset it, and it still stays dead. Bloody hell!! Somebody's head is going to roll at Sunway Pyramid tomorrow. Sell me a faulty iPod, did they? Well, they're going to get an earful from me. :evil:

No comments:

Post a Comment