Thursday 5 March 2009

Strange Silver Kembara at Penchala Link

I don't know if anyone else have noticed this but for the past few weeks I've been seeing an assortment of vehicles seemingly waiting at the side of the roads. The one I noticed the most was this silver Kembara with one lone guy stopped at the side of the Penchala Link highway, heading towards Mutiara Damansara, Damansara Perdana and the Kepong toll.


The car is often seen just before the bridge of Penchala Link, halfway to the turnings for the Damansara area. It's always just one person (the silhouette looks like a guy) with his chair pushed almost all the way back so you can't see him when you pass him. His face is often blocked by the side of the window. I may be jumping to conclusions but I can't help but think it's a speed-trap. The other time I saw a silver-grey Proton Wira waiting at the exact spot.


The other day, my friends and I were talking about how cars try to warn each other whenever there's a roadblock, such as high-beaming or flashing at the other road so that the vehicles would slow down and avoid being caught. We found out that by the time we warn the other vehicles, they may have already been caught, as it seems nowadays the speed-trap is set at about 5 kilometers away from the roadblock.


But we tend to wonder, where are the speed-traps? Last time, we can catch sight of the police pointing the speed-sensors at us but they've evolved since then.


I'm thinking that they're now using normal cars parked at the sides so we won't be suspicious of them. The other day, when I was taking a trip down to Seremban, I passed not one, but two, pickup trucks (those that's kind of like cheaper versions of the Toyota Hilux) standing on my side of the road. The weird thing was they were both facing me!! Why would you sit in your truck on the side of the road, facing the oncoming traffic unless you're up to something. The crazy coincidence was they were both silver. 8O Is it a conspiracy??


So the next time you're travelling the highway, keep an eye on those 'stranded' vehicles. They may not appear to be as innocent as they seem. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment