Saturday 7 March 2009

A Night for Shellfish

I've been looking through my old posts and just realized a humourous story that I think I wrote elsewhere but never posted here. This is a true story as related to me by a friend I've worked with during one of the plays by The Oral Stage crew (check out their site at http://www.theoralstage.com/ , they haven't been active so far this year, though).

Prakash was in charge of booking a venue for his college's prom night so he called up one of the hotels to inquire the rental and whatever deal they could provide.

Prakash: "Hello. I'm calling to book your hall for an event. Can you help me out?"

Receptionist: "Yes. May I ask what's the event?"

Prakash: "It's for my college. We're having a prom night."

Receptionist: "I see. If you can tell me the date, I will check to see if it's available."

Prakash: "Ok."

Receptionist: "By the way, will you be bringing your own prawns?"

Prakash: "I'm sorry?"

Receptionist: "For your prawn night. Will you be bringing your own prawns or do you need us to supply them for you?"

Prakash: "It's a PROM night. Not a prawn night! It's a PROM night!"

Needless to say, both callers were embarrassed by the mistake. I wonder what made the receptionist think someone would actually organize a PRAWN night. Are there anyone who's crazy in love with prawns to pay tribute to these shellfish? Hmmm, I never did find out whether Prakash actually rented that same hall. :lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment